Hard Red Wheat Flour – Bread Flour
Bread flour make a stronger, more elastic dough that is perfect for sourdoughs, yeast breads, pizza crusts, rolls and bread machine loafs.
We offer three varieties of bread flour from hard red wheats:
- Glenn (hard red spring) a hard red spring with with a lovely wheat flavor that is excellent in any bread applications. As-Is Protein: 14%; Falling Number 401.
- Warthog (hard red winter) a hard red winter wheat with an intense wheat flavor that is appropriate for artisan or sourdough breads. As-Is Protein: 11%; Falling Number 391.
- Zorro (hard red winter) a hard red winter wheat with a less assertive wheat flavor that is nice in a sandwich loaf. As-Is Protein: 11%; Falling Number 429.
Not sure if you’d like the whole grain flour or the bolted (sifted) flour? Here are a few recommendations:
- If you’re looking to make a heartier loaf with more texture, we’d recommend using the whole wheat bread flour.
- Looking to make a loaf that is a bit lighter or you’re not quite sure if you want a lot of texture? Try our bolted (sifted) bread flour.
All of the grains used for milling are non-GMO and grown here at the farm.