Hard Red Wheat Flour – Bread Flour
Bread flour makes a stronger, more elastic dough that is perfect for pastas, sourdoughs, yeast breads, pizza crusts, rolls and bread machine loafs. It can also be used in quick breads and some pastries (like cookies, pancakes) but may add to a breadier chewy/crumb.
We offer three varieties of bread flour from hard red wheats:
- (SOLD OUT) Redeemer (hard red winter) a hard red winter wheat with a mild flavor that is nice in all bread and pasta applications. As-Is Protein: 11%; Falling Number 244.
- Warthog (hard red winter) a hard red winter wheat with an intense wheat flavor that is appropriate for artisan or sourdough breads. As-Is Protein: 11%; Falling Number 391.
- Zorro (hard red winter) a hard red winter wheat with a less assertive wheat flavor that is nice in a sandwich loaf. As-Is Protein: 11%; Falling Number 429.
Not sure if you’d like the whole grain flour or the bolted (sifted) flour? Here are a few recommendations:
- If you’re looking to make a heartier loaf with more texture, we’d recommend using the whole wheat bread flour.
- Looking to make a loaf that is a bit lighter or you’re not quite sure if you want a lot of texture? Try our bolted (sifted) bread flour.
All of the grains used for milling are non-GMO and grown here at the farm.